All visitors are required to wear a mask into the facility
Food and treats are a big part of a child’s birthday party and, contrary to popular belief, it is possible to provide snacks that are both delicious and healthy. Sugar does not always have to be part of the equation and healthy treats are just as tasty.
If your child’s birthday party is coming up, here is a list of snacks you can serve that make for a great alternative to candy and other unhealthy snacks that children do not need:
- Watermelon doughnuts. What better way to get the kids to eat fruit than by serving them in the shape of doughnuts? This is a creative way of getting the kids excited about their fruit snacks.
- Fruit or vegetable skewers. This is a fun snack and kids will love how it’s presented. You can find child-friendly skewers and place colourful fruits and vegetables to create a snack that is not only delicious but visually appealing as well.
- Popcorn and fruit mix. Kids will want something that resembles chips and combining healthy treats like pretzels, banana chips, whole-grain cereal and popcorn into a fun mix is a great alternative.
- Fruits dipped in chocolate. If you want to have a little bit of chocolate at the party, you can serve fruit slices that have been dipped in chocolate and you’ll have the best of both worlds.
- Smoothies. Not only are they colourful, but smoothies are also delicious and healthy, too. This is a great way of serving children their recommended daily serving of fruit and presenting it in smoothie form is fun, so they’ll drink it right up.
- Muffins. Not all muffins have to contain chocolate in them and there are plenty of other options, including cherry or pumpkin muffins that look the part and will generate interest amongst the kids. They may even be surprised at how much they enjoy the flavours.
- Dips. Kids will want something fun to eat with their vegetables and dip is the perfect answer. There are plenty of healthy options and because the colours will be bright, it will grab their attention and allow them to have fun dipping their food into it.
The trick is to make the snacks look like treats so that kids will want to eat them. Healthy treats can be just as exciting and delicious, so this won’t be a problem and you’ll be able to have a healthy spread that does not include unnecessary amounts of sugar. Make the snacks colourful and kids will gladly eat them.
Planning a children’s birthday party is not an easy thing to do, especially when it comes to food, but once you figure out what you want to serve, Vaughan Sportsplex can help with the venue. They offer ball hockey, soccer, kid’s leagues and camp, and is the perfect place to have a birthday party. Call them today to find out more about the services and packages they offer!